The Cross County School District is currently seeking highly-motivated individuals to serve in the following roles:
POSITION TITLE: Speech Language Pathologist
- Masters or doctoral degree in communicative disorders from an educational institution recognized by the U.S. Department of Education and the Board of Examiners or ASHA Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC)
- Clinical summary signed by a program director of an accredited program verifying completion of clinical practicum requirements
- Thirty-six weeks of supervised full-time (or equivalent part-time) paid professional experience
- Passage of a national exam (Praxis)
TERMS OF EMPLOYMENT: Long-term leave coverage, potentially 8+ week position starting in January 2021 following the teacher's work calendar. Salary to be established by the Board of Education.
REPORTS TO: Building administration and District Special Education Supervisor (LEA)
Speech-language Therapist to work with students grades K-12 identified with communication disorders including language and articulation.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Provide evaluation and testing to identify students with speech-language disabilities.
- Provide therapy to students as identified as Speech Language Impaired.
- Maintain Individual Education Plan and required documents for each student’s speech-language therapy services.
- Facilitate and attend conferences with parents, teachers, and support service providers as needed to provide services defined by student's IEP.
- Collaborate with classroom teachers and special education teachers regarding student needs pertaining to speech and language.
- Participate in in-service and training provided by the district.
1. General Maintenance Worker
Duties include, but are not limited to woodworking, metalworking, painting, and groundskeeping. Preference could be given to those that have a CDL for bus driving or are willing to get their CDL.
2. Bus Route Driver
Must hold or obtain a Class B CDL and passenger endorsement and would be placed on a route for the 2020-2021 school year.
Interested persons should contact Jerry Buchanan, Director of Maintenance and Transportation at (870) 442-2200 or by email at jerry.buchanan@
The Cross County School District is always looking for effective teachers interested in teaching in the following positions in the future:
- Elementary Education K-6
- Secondary/Middle Grades Math
- Secondary/Middle Grades Science
- Secondary/Middle Grades Social Studies
- Secondary/Middle Grades English Language Arts
If you would like to keep your resume and application on file, please send your documents to the building level principals. Applications are available on this page or by clicking here.
Elementary K-6: Jessica Stacy firstname.lastname@example.org
High School 7-12: Stephen Prince email@example.com
Cross County School District uses WillSub to employ substitute teachers.